Interlocking directorates?

With the recent proliferation of group blogs, we’ve got a very complicated, interlocking blogger chain going on here:

Kristine blogs at T & S.
And also at BCC, where Steve and Karen also blog.
Steve and Karen also blog at Kulturblog, where Bryce also blogs.
Bryce also blogs at Millennial Star, where Matt and Adam also blog.
And Matt and Adam blog here at T & S — we’re back where we began!

Plus, Russell and Greg also post at Kulturblog as well as T & S; plus, Steve and Karen (BCC/KB), Bryce (Ms. Tar/KB), Clark, Ben S., Ryan, Grasshopper (all Ms. Tar), William Morris (KB) were T & S guest bloggers; plus there’s the Archipelago (Rusty is M-Arch/KB; Dave is M-Arch/BCC). And I’m probably missing a few connections.

Ahh, what a tangled web.

14 comments for “Interlocking directorates?

1. Christian Cardall
    February 4, 2005 at 10:33 pm

Kaimi, I’ve twice offered a name for contributing to two or more group blogs: polyblogy (I mean that to be pronounced poly-blow-jee, or technically ‘p{umlaut}a-lE-“blow-jE.)

If it doesn’t catch on now, it will be my third strike, and I’ll take my ball home, consider it lame, and never mention it again. :)

2. February 4, 2005 at 10:38 pm

It’s not that tangled a web — KB is the major commonality. That’s because it’s a secular site talking about pop culture, which is rarely an offensive topic.

3. February 4, 2005 at 10:39 pm

And Kristine will hopefully post soon at KB, if she will just get her arse in gear.

4. lyle
    February 4, 2005 at 10:43 pm

ah…arse. a simply wunderbar word, so rarely used. finally i have another point in common with steve. :)

naturally, the humble Kaimi would forget his polyblogous status. :)

and i’ll be glad to claim title to the first who warned of the dangers of interlocking directorates & polyblogites who breach their duty of good faith by being over committed & under resourced.

5. Kaimi
    February 4, 2005 at 10:50 pm

Polyblogy — not a bad idea, Christian.

Of course, it is counter to the first manifesto. “No sir, Bishop, I haven’t been associating with any groups that promote polyblogy!”

;)

6. danithew
    February 4, 2005 at 11:05 pm

I liked that DeserNet name someone came up with as a possible bloggernacle alternative a long time ago. I don’t think it has been used either.

7. David King Landrith
    February 4, 2005 at 11:42 pm

Considering how lucky I am to get my comments posted anywhere at all, these multi-venued bloggers are doing pretty darned well.

8. Derek
    February 5, 2005 at 1:31 am

So who is our Kevin Bacon, Jon Heder, or Ken Jennings?

9. Bryce I
    February 5, 2005 at 10:18 am

The real problems, of course, arise when we’re voting on compensation packages for Kaimi.

10. danithew
    February 5, 2005 at 10:26 am

I don’t know Bryce. From what I understand, Kaimi is secretly building up a massive country music record collection and is waiting for the right testimony meeting to announce his evil music habits in front of all — especially his bishop. In other words, for a couple mint-condition vinyl copies of old-time country yodeling he’d do just about anything.

11. Sheri Lynn
    February 5, 2005 at 11:33 am

I always hate seeing that word, or words for any terrible sin, used lightly. Just me. Sorry, end of threadjack.

12. Bryce I
    February 5, 2005 at 1:48 pm

I don’t know, Dan. I got a call from Elliott Spitzer the other day …

13. Greg (as done by Adam Greenwood)
    February 5, 2005 at 2:43 pm

Corporatism at its finest. Russell Fox will be pleased.

14. Adam Greenwood
    February 5, 2005 at 2:44 pm

Oops. I was not, in fact, an agent for Greg in making that last comment.

Comments are closed.